Welcome to the Engaged Humanities Initiative!
Connecting Students, Faculty Members, and the Community Through the Humanities
The Engaged Humanities Initiative is a new program at UIC funded by a grant from the Mellon Foundation. It is a four-year path for undergraduates that leads from exciting freshman seminars to research projects developed with a UIC faculty mentor. More broadly, it offers the opportunity to create a community of students and faculty members interested in exploring how the humanities can help us imagine new approaches, and even solutions, to the urgent problems facing the world today.
- NEW Humanities courses designed and taught by faculty specifically for the EHI.
- Small seminar style courses allow for faculty-student mentorship and peer interaction.
- Faculty mentors work with students to support independent research and study.
- Students receive up tp $10,000 to support humanities research, including study abroad and internships.
- Leadership opportunities for students who want to make a positive difference in the UIC and broader community.
Learn more by checking out the information below!