Welcome to the Engaged Humanities Initiative! Heading link
Connecting Students, Faculty Members, and the Community Through the Humanities
The Engaged Humanities Initiative is a new program at UIC funded by a grant from the Mellon Foundation. It is a four-year path for undergraduates that leads from exciting freshman seminars to research projects developed with a UIC faculty mentor. More broadly, it offers the opportunity to create a community of students and faculty members interested in exploring how the humanities can help us imagine new approaches, and even solutions, to the urgent problems facing the world today.
- NEW Humanities courses designed and taught by faculty specifically for the EHI.
- Small seminar style courses allow for faculty-student mentorship and peer interaction.
- Faculty mentors work with students to support independent research and study.
- Students receive up tp $10,000 to support humanities research, including study abroad and internships.
- Leadership opportunities for students who want to make a positive difference in the UIC and broader communities.
Learn more by checking out the information below!
Get started Heading link
EHI Partners Heading link
The EHI Community Mourns the Loss of Natally Brookson Heading link
We are deeply stricken by the confirmation of the death of Natally Brookson, who went missing on April 30, 2022. This is a tragic loss and we will miss her.